Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Devil's Advocate: 8 of 10

The Devil's Advocate was on check this week. My overall rating for the movie was a true 8. nothing more nothing less. This movie had plenty of hype to it, and being an older movie I definitely went into it with high expectations. Well, thankfully I was not disappointed. Al Pacino's role and acting in this movie was great as always. He was born to fill this type of roll and he did it wonderfully. I would even go as far as to say, all the acting in the movie was good. Not only that, but the way the story unfolds throughout the film was great. I didn't expect the ending, and obviously as everyone knows the speech given by Al at that point, was just marvelous. The scenes that followed the speech were a little cheesy and the whole seduction by the half sister was a little much, but that's a small nib in the movie as a whole. My favorite aspect of the movie was the message itself, it had such power behind it. Perhaps it was more meaning for me personally than for people as a whole, but either way, Definitely recommended.

Peace and Love

2 comments: